A pool or hot tub at your home creates a beautiful environment that offers years of joy and activity for your family. However, along with the joys of pool or hot tub ownership also come many responsibilities.
Home Pool Essentials: Maintenance and Safety is an online safety course for pool and hot tub owners. Jointly developed by the American Red Cross and the National Swimming Pool Foundation® (NSPF), the course teaches pool owners basic information for maintaining and safely using home pools. Enroll and learn the fundamentals to help you maintain your home pool and create a safer pool environment.
In about 2 hours, you can learn more about:
- Understanding many of the risks of home pool ownership and operation
- Maintaining a safer and cleaner pool
- Identifying appropriate safety equipment
- Preventing pool and hot tub entrapment hazards
- Responding to an emergency, including reaching, throwing and wading assists
The interactive course is $19.95 and includes video demonstrations, hotwords and links to enhance learning. Upon registration, you will receive a compact home pool owner’s resource guide that you can print out and keep poolside for easy reference. A printable record of course completion is available after completing the course online.
For more information on water safety programs please visit our website or contact us at (512) 928-4271.