/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”,”serif”;}
- Donate cash to an established disaster relief organization, like the American Red Cross. It’s the fastest way to get help to those who need it most.
- If you’d like to donate used or new products, contact an established disaster relief organization that is serving the affected area determine whether there is a specific need for what you’d like to donate.
- Work with organizations when donating needed bulk product or food items, which can help large numbers of people in the affected community.
- Prior to delivering items to an established relief organization, call to determine appropriate location and time for drop-off, as many have specific collection points.
- If you would like to organize a food or clothing drive, contact an established disaster relief organization to determine what is most needed in the affected community and how to ensure the donations are properly collected.
- Ask if what you’d like to donate is needed, culturally appropriate and if relief organizations can manage the collection effectively. Some well-intentioned yet inappropriate product, food or used clothing donations can actually divert the attention of disaster relief organizations and local governments away from the task at hand by requiring them spend time sorting and storing unneeded items.
- Consider selling your product on eBay Giving Works, or another site and donate the proceeds to an established disaster relief organization serving the affected area.