Happy Valentines Day! Remember that the Red Cross loves you! There is no river wide enough, no mountain high enough, no valley low enough to keep the American Red Cross from responding to families and individuals in need when disaster strikes (Diana Ross).
After a disaster, people are left without food, clothing, shelter, medicine or other basic needs. The American Red Cross is able to mobilize immediately, assess the needs of those affected by disaster, and provide for those needs because of the financial health of the Disaster Relief Fund. When compassionate donors make financial contributions to local Red Cross chapters or the national headquarters, the contribution is put into the Disaster Relief Fund to provide relief materials and help families and individuals recover. From $25 to $3,200, whatever you are able to give, every cent is appreciated and put to good use. Here are some of the ways the Red Cross may use Your Donation to help during a disaster:
– $25 provides fire blankets at an emergency shelter.
– $75 can cover a doctor’s visit for an individual injured during a disaster.
– $350 will provide emergency food and shelter for 25 people affected by a disaster for one day.
– $2,500 deploys one Emergency Response Truck and drivers (including housing and meals for drivers) to a disaster relief operation.
– $3,200 is the average yearly maintenance and fuel for one Emergency Response Truck.
The American Red Cross will be there to protect you; with an unselfish love they respect you. Just call the American Red Cross, and they’ll be there (Jackson 5). The Red Cross Loves You, Love Your Red Cross by Donating Today! Call 1-800-REDCROSS or click the Donate Now Button on the right-side of