WHO: Highly energized and passionate individuals who are prepared to serve full-time (including nights and weekends) to serve the mission of the American Red Cross. Ideal for recent graduates.
WHAT: Red Cross Corps (RCC) is a National AmeriCorps program with a goal of building capacity to deliver Preparedness Education across the country. Members will aim to reach 750 youth and 250 adults with Preparedness Education. In addition, each member will train 5 volunteers to help make Preparedness Education a sustainable community program.
WHEN: Members start on October 3 OR October 24, 2016 and serve 11 months, completing the program on September 1 or September 22, 2017
WHERE: Positions open in Austin and San Antonio!
American Red Cross Serving Greater San Antonio
3642 East Houston Street
San Antonio, TX 78219
American Red Cross Serving Central Texas
2218 Pershing Dr.
Austin, TX. 78723
Contact: Kiley Davis; Kiley.email@example.com
Click here for a full listing of American Red Cross AmeriCorps programs (National and State)
WHY: Red Cross Corps members will have an unique opportunity to impact their communities with life-saving preparedness education. By serving with the Red Cross, members are not only part of a national movement of service, but will also be connected to a humanitarian organization that strives to help people when they need it most!
• Living allowance up to $14,000 (taxable) for 11 months of service
• $5,775 Education Award. The Segal Education Award is good for seven years from the end of service and can be used to repay qualified student loans or for future education at eligible schools. National members age 55 and older at the time of service may be eligible to transfer the award to certain family members. Learn more about the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award.
• Possible forbearance of qualified student loans. Note that interest continues to accrue. However accrued interest on qualified loans is eligible for payment by the National Service Trust.
• Health plan benefits. Members are eligible to enroll in an Affordable Care Act compliant health plan.
• Childcare benefits if you qualify. Learn more about our childcare benefits.
If you are interested in applying, please visit: http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps